|DATE:||Sunday, October 6, 2019|
|LOCATION:||Apsaruke Hall, 101|
|MEETING TITLE:||BIC Progress and Issues|
|Ambrin Masood||Ala’ Abdel Ghafour||Qasim Khan||Jonah Sullivan|
|Labaran Ali Musah||Adam Mallak|
Call to Order
Br. Qasim called meeting to order. Recited the current business of the last meeting for Br. Jonah’s benefit as he was absent.
Last meeting, we discussed
- Place for a class spoke with Ala’ and that is $250/month, $50/week 2-3 hrs. for class – But we’ll know more by next weekend.
- Contact City and give them the space address. (Jonah asks if we know if board is responsible for and what to do) Adam says $2000 appxly. Ala’ transfer that to occupancy E. Qasim suggested to take the booklet and make a file and Ambrin will put it in the computer.
- Ala’ spoke about the business plan.
- Another is with chancellor – Ambrin’s meeting is on 4th.
- Another option is Dr. Khaleel – he’s coming next week and we can rent his clinic for $200 but he may not agree, there is a remote chance.
- Ala’ – keep Fortis out of the picture for now.
- Why can’t we keep this room (101) – we can, but Ambrin will have to be here.
Build a Masjid
- Dr. Khalil’s house – Ala’ thinking about occupancy – ask city if we need to have it for occupancy E – it needs to be a church like building, city and fire dept. might have us do. Br. Ala’ states, “At Fortis it required $15,000 extra to install a system for safety reasons.”
- Adam has to start getting the paperwork from city so we can read the fine print.
- Architect, building inspector and fire marshal give this feedback. Ala’ volunteers to reach out to an architect.
- Br. Jonah inquires which board at the City of Billings is responsible for this approval.
- Adam – lot of the buildings around that area belong to Khalil so they might not mind. This land has lot of opportunity. Yesterday I got a phone call – Insha’Allah they will raise and donate and another in LA.
- Qasim said – Let’s start with the business plan. One reason to be fixated on Khalil’s place – we need to show a place. Ala’ agrees if we sell the front $200,000, it’s an investment.
- Jonah Asks what are the financial projections – solvent in 5 yrs.
- Ala’: We need 5 yr. financial projections
- Plan to include multiple different ways of raising money.
- Ala’ volunteered. Ala’ and Jonah with Qasim’s help will have a business plan by 1st Nov.
- By next weekend (10/12 – 10/13) Qasim will send Ala’ and Jonah a draft of financial projection per month. Then show it to the community.
- Ala’: we need to set goals for donations that is in line with our expenses for example if education is $100/month then aim for that.
- Qasim: $25000/year is the goal – Taxes, utilities, insurance.
- Ala’: Have a meeting – start the activities, quarterly potlucks, education show community and then ask for donation.
- Donation Schedule: We need to come up with this for the next 5 yrs. (Qasim says, in 3-6 months we will have the idea how much will be donated).
- Qasim: we want to give the membership application to all members in community on potluck on 2nd Nov. And know who’s voting in next election.
- Everyone registers with fee $50/year
- Everyone donates for masjid – ($5-10)
- Pot-luck Nov. 2nd. (Ala’s birthday) – Use OPERATIONAL MONEY
- Announce about the Sunday School so they know where their money is going
- At Potluck ask people what’s stopping you from donating – Qasim nominated Ala’ to ask and talk about donation and money. Ambrin seconds that.
- Jonah: People don’t donate because they don’t feel like they’re a member of a community.
- Labran: Are we doing fund raising or ask for donation? Jonah: All of those, we will ask the community to commit to donate and have to hold fundraising events as well.
- How about have potluck and prayer on Sunday
- How about have potluck, prayer and education at the Pioneer Park ($400/month) for half a day.
- Ala’ suggested invested in card swiper, have SQUARE set up. Have people swipe the card. Ala’ will be responsible. We will have Paypal and SQUARE.
- Ala’: For education use the Fortis School
- Qasim: Designate people for talking about topics at Potluck. Delegate responsibilities.
- At the potluck – involve community ask who will teach what; tell them which topics we need help
Due by Next Meeting, Insha’Allah
Temporary Location – Ala’ and Jonah
Presenting School Plan to Community – Jonah and Ambrin, November 2nd at Potluck
Whiteboard, books and chairs at Br. Nur’s house – Qasim and Adam will Bring
Fundraising at Potluck – Ala and Qasim, and Qasim will ask Br. Munawer to bring donation forms
Draft Business By 10/11 – Br. Qasim
Sports/Activities Plan – Br. Labaran
Next meeting will open with Jonah running down the project plan, asking for brief reports on their deliverable items.
November 2nd, 2019 @ 1pm, Insha’Allah
10/20/2019, 9:45am, Insha’Allah
Dua by Br. Adam